Ismael Roldan- R.I.P

(self-caricature of Ismael)

This morning I discovered that my good friend Ismael Roldan has passed away. He was 45. I don't know the details of his death, but it has been confirmed on the ISCA forum where I first read the news. This is a very sad day. I only met him in person for the first time last year at the ISCA convention, and I am distraught that I will not get to meet him in person again. Since the convention, we have corresponded via email and telephone, sharing advice and experiences, and I was looking forward to a long friendship with him.


This is a sketch he drew of me whilst I drew him at the convention:


This is a terrible loss for the caricature world, he will be sorely missed! RIP Ismael!






Comments

TRIANA said…
Thanks master for your great words about master of caricature colombian and world.
LarsEr Arts said…
Yes we are the same age you and me, and I can't beleive I will not be able to met him either. I pray his family is ok and Ismael Roldan is great loss to our of a master artist!
Nelson Santos said…
What? How? So sad when i read your words Paul that i can believe it. I have been in touch with him as well and i considered him one amazing person still in awe for such a loss. I regret myself for not meeting him in person. RIP Ismael.
Anonymous said…
I am a close family friend of Ismaels. If anyone is interested in attending his wake it will be held on 09/19/09 from 2 to 5pm at 491 MAMARONECK AVE WHITE PLAINS, NY 10605. Help spread the word. Thanks
That's terrible news, such a great artist, I've always admired his work.
Unknown said…
Thank you guys for your words. It is a great loss to the family and to the world. Such an awesome human being and such a telented artist! As cousins we were always in touch. I cannot believe he is not with us anymore! R.I.P. my sweet brother. I love you and will see you in heaven.
Lord Aragorn said…
I use putty epoxi parcecs, it is similar to the resin epoxi but in putty. Regards and thanks for your commentary
Lord Aragorn said…
Very good your work, the truth they are very good

Popular Posts