Same background, different jobs!!???


Managed to squeeze these jobs in between working on the book artwork last week. Two commissions, both for different magazines, both using the same background. The first is for the Radio Times of Steve Coogan, one of my favourite comedy actors, and the magazine should be on the shelves from today. For creating the bricks, I painted one, then used layers to create the rest, adding more detail with each layer to avoid too much repetition. I used various brushes, one I found on the internet (sorry, can't remember where) for creating the gritty effect of the concrete.
The second is for The Weekly Standard, of Chancellor Merkel of Germany. They asked for the poster to be on a brick wall. Quite handy really! Still had some work to do to the poster, but all in all, an interesting combination of jobs.
BOOK NEWS

The artwork for the book is now FINISHED!!! I am so pleased with the work I have put into it, I can't wait for you to see it. There are still a few things to do, in terms of production, but it's pretty much done.

Got lots to do this week, getting ready to move house, 20 week scan for our forthcoming baby on Thursday and drawing at a wedding on Saturday, plus other commissions to be worked through. Plenty to keep me busy! ;)






Comments

Damion009 said…
this is outstanding dude!!!
Guido Salimbeni said…
Wow.. brilliant...
Meesimo said…
Nice Coogan!
Unknown said…
man i can't wait for this book!
Bridie said…
nice work .Amazing how you get so much done.Thanks for the comment you left on my blogspot....I never thought much bout the bodies...
Marlo said…
wonderful work as usual, Paul!
Kelly Gannon said…
Mega talented!!
douce said…
Love the Steve Coogan-- perfect expression for him!

Popular Posts