Chris Christie for the Weekly Standard


Hi all, haven't posted any finished caricatures on here for a while, been doing a lot of work for the course at http://www.advancedcaricature.co.uk/ . I'll have another sneek peek video to post very soon, but for now, this is a piece I did on Friday for the Weekly Standard. Another tight deadline, but this was the tightest I've had so far, so I was pleased with what I managed to do in the time. I got sketch approval at around 3pm on Friday, with the deadline around 11pm.
I sent the sketch to the AD pasted onto the coloured ground I wanted to work from. Then after approval it was full steam ahead!
After 3 hours...



At around 5 hours, I could see the finish line. I had time to have a little dinner.


Finished at around 10.30pm.





Comments

martinealison said…
Very good work. I can't paint very fast like you do.
Damion009 said…
really nice!!! great job man!
Unknown said…
Fantastic!
Ken said…
Hi Paul! Doing good here, how about you? Another fantastic piece... I wish I could paint so fast...

I think congratulations are in order! :D Congrats on your new daughter!
pablo pablo said…
very good!
ian said…
great job in such a tight timeline!!
great

i am a fã


Marchini
Extremely good likeness!!! This BUM is the New Governor of MY state of New Jersey (USA).....He is VERY unpopular with the people of New Jersey! He is actually MUCH fatter than your drawing implies!
Great Work!
Richard Zuendt said…
You have captured the true Christie, Thanks!

Popular Posts